Learning is one of the foremost aspects of evolving in life. In today’s ultra-competitive world, skills and knowledge are the key factors to grow in any professional environment. Nevertheless, in this century of technology which is overpowering lives in every possible manner, learning and education are not limited to schools, colleges or universities.
Now anyone can learn anything sitting at any part of the world. Moreover, learning has now transcended from the traditional classrooms and has extended to online space as well. Considering the infinite knowledge available at the online space and its easy accessibility, you all have a plethora of options to choose from. Now through affordable technology, e-learning has become a phenomenon. The question is to know the correct platform to learn from.
Udemy is one of the popular online video-based learning platforms which has all sorts of online courses including technological development, designing, business, IT and software, personal development, marketing, photography, music, linguistic and language, health and fitness, office productivity, lifestyle are few among others. In reality, the platform is a bridge for students seeking to learn, tutors seeking to earn and businesses seeking to hone the skills of their employees. Udemy isn’t just helping students to learn and pursue their dreams but also supporting various other skilled people to earn through their skills. The platform provides courses in 50+ languages with tutors and instructors from almost every country in the world.
Perhaps, you can take a look at the concept of Udemy and its transformational marketplace.
1. How was the concept of Udemy born?
• The concept of the organization emerges from its founder Erin Bali who was born in a small town in Turkey where learning was not available to everyone and people had to strive for it. However, due to unavailability of other opportunities, at an early age, Erin loved chess and mathematics. The eagerness to learn more and accessibility of a computer helped him turn towards online learning space.
• Slowly, Bali learnt new ways to play chess and more knowledge about Maths. After entering the college, he realized that he was pretty much at the same pace as other peers in college and the concepts he learnt about chess and mathematics through online were applicable universally. This moment in life made him realize that it’s the accessibility and curious approach towards knowledge that can do wonders. However, he also realized that just like him there must be so many thousands of other people willing to learn as per their interests and passion which led him to commence Udemy. Erin himself is an example for so many others and through Udemy has provided a platform for ordinary people to live an extraordinary life of online learning.
2. Online learning through Udemy
• Thousands of lives have changed drastically through the tutors and courses at Udemy. It is indeed inexplicable. However, there are a large number of courses but you have to have an eye for how much is the course updated as per the recent trends in that stream. The platform has around 80,000 online courses and gives every user atleast 5 options to choose from its surplus list of courses. The video-based courses are meticulously made but some may have overriding modules as well. Udemy also gives opportunities to not only learners but also to skilled people to become tutors or instructors.
• Udemy has around 24 million students and 35 thousand instructors. Unlike the traditional classroom based learning, students can learn at their own pace along with their favorite topic. Various people with a good profile and passion for teaching can become instructors through the extravagant team of supporters at Udemy. The team provides online free courses on how to build and plan the course as per the instructor’s knowledge and passion. The course is bought by students at a given price which helps the instructor earn money through his/her skills and further inspiring lots of other people as well.
• The platform provides ratings for both the course and the instructor to help the new student pave through the courses. It also informs about the history of the instructor along with feedbacks from the prior students. This is one of the unique aspects of Udemy that makes it different from others.
• The platform keeps its courses up-to-date along with the removal of courses as per the prevailing trends. These points help students, irrespective of any age, to learn through the original and novel techniques of the times. These courses have helped not only the students from diverse groups but also businesses and their employees to move up the ladder of knowledge. The whole concept has indeed brought a revolution in terms of learning. Udemy in a way has built an online community of both learners and instructors to earn as per their interests moving forward from the traditional and monotonous office based boring jobs.
3. Udemy as a marketplace
• Udemy also provides specific courses for business looking to improve the skills of their employees during the rapidly changing environment. These are one of the most critical times as ever and upgradation of skills is one of the key requirements that companies want. However, addressing the diverse learning needs of the employees is an important task for the organizations to cope up with the quickly changing scenario. Each organization these days requires a few essential skills, as per their organization’s domain.
• Udemy provides them the best courses along with the best instructors. Udemy has a comprehensive learning marketplace for organizations including courses such as personal development, development technologies, key business skills among others. These courses shall help employees to keep up with the dynamic work environment of their organizations. At Udemy for business, the top-most relevant content is filtered for the organizations as per their requirements. Hence, making learning more easy and convenient for everyone. Udemy could be one of the perfect destinations for both workplace learning and students.
Call to action: You can also grab coupons for Udemy at coupons.surf